March 5, 2009

What? You mean I'm not Superwoman? Well Screw That!

Well, life has a funny way of sneaking up on a person. All three of
us have been busy and not terribly inspired, I'm afraid. Personally,
I feel perhaps hypocritical in suggesting you should be healthy, eat
right and exercise. I posted I was below 200 on my birthday, yet here
it is nearly a month later and I'm still bouncing around the same
numbers. We won't even discuss some of the foods I've been eating
lately. Well those who know me, at all, know I'm honest. So here it
goes, as Rachel says, "We have to remember we're not superhuman!" My response was, "...just so you know I am superwoman."


But Rachel is right...we are not superhuman. Yet, we and society put
so much pressure on ourselves. Pressure to be the best spouse, the
best friend, the best employee, the best parent, the best whatever.
Two words people: SCREW THAT! Learn to take some time out. Learn to give yourself a break. Learn to value the small things. Just let go
of the pressure to "be the best." Just be happy and love yourself.
The rest will come with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment