March 11, 2009

Obsess...Who Me?

Andy informed me last night that I obsess over food. Gee thanks, sweetie! Like that's a new thought. I personally think it's something I inherited. I definitely agree...I do obsess over food. But, in my mind I obsess in both good and bad ways. I love planning a great meal, I love thinking about where my food comes from, and I love knowing how the food can benefit my body. I also stress how about how bad it is for me, I stress about eating too much, and I stress about eating the wrong things. Men think about sex all the time...I think about food! Do you obsess over food, either in good or bad ways? Leave a comment and let us know!

2 comments:

  1. I definetely obsess over food!!! I don't think there is any other way I could have let myself get to 271lbs at one time. My obsession with food is bad for the most part in my opinion. I am not concerned with where it comes from or too much how it benefits my body. I certainly think about how bad it is for me or how much weight it is going to make me gain but other than that I just think about how good it is going to taste or how it is going to relieve the stress I am under right now. I am always looking for a reason to splurge with food whether it be because I have been good and lost some weight or because I am stressed. It is a constant battle with me and I think it always will be to some extent. I would much rather eat what I want and workout to burn it off than deprive myself!! All I can do is take it day by day and try to make food less of a focus in my life. It is a work in progress that is just going to take time. Working from home and being surrounded by food all day everyday certainly doesn't make it any easier but I am working on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should start obsessing over food more! Sometimes I think if I thought more about it I'd be able to find the key to unlock the magic door in my body. I definitely understand that my body doesn't process carbs as well, especially white flour and sugar carbs but there really seems to be no explanation for why certain foods help me to lose or gain weight. I really think hormones, stress, and BMR play a role in how food is processed by our bodies. Like Mandy says, all we can do is take it one day at a time. And couz, who says only guys obsess over sex all the time????? Have you looked inside my brain lately? Hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete