February 9, 2009

Below 200!

First of all, "Happy Birthday to me!" Okay, today is my 28th birthday. It's amazing how age gives a person a little perspective. It's not like I have a ton of perspective but I wanted to share what little perspective I do have. Today is the first time in the last 14 years that I have officially weighed less than 200 lbs. As my "present" the scales said 199 this morning!

What's the perspective?
Well, at 14 I was so much bigger than all the other girls in my class. I was in fine shape...for an adult. At 14, I told myself I was a big, fat cow. At 28, I know I'm hot...smokin' hot as Rachel says!


The other perspective, perhaps the even more important perspective?
For so many years, I had told myself there was no way I was going to be able to lose weight and get into shape. By telling myself that, I literally gave up. I ended up gaining so much more weight. I also gave up on other things in my life. Everything just seemed so hard. Now, I realize that if I can lose 52lbs maybe those other things that I thought I could never do are actually possible! One of those things was riding 41 miles on my bike in a single day last September. Here's what I called it then:
that "Thing" (yes it's thing with a capitol T) that you never think you could ever do. We all have at least one "Thing" if not more.

So while this post is a brag post for me, it's also an opportunity for you to realize and think about what your "Thing" is. It may not be weight loss for you. What is it that is stopping you? Please take some time and really think about it. And, know, it's not always quick and certainly not easy but it can be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment